The Local Government Pension Scheme
Our Customer Charter
Peninsula Pensions provides the pension administration service for Devon County Council and Somerset County Council Pension Funds and is the administering authority for the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
If you work for an employer which has been admitted to the LGPS, you can become a member of the scheme.
Peninsula Pensions also operates separate pension schemes for employees of the Avon & Somerset Police Authority and Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service.
- To supply a high quality pensions administration service.
- To provide value for money.
- To meet the highest professional standards in our dealings with all our customers.
Our commitment to you
- Our customers are important and we welcome all contact and enquiries.
- We will respond to enquiries within an agreed time, and we will keep in contact if there are any delays.
- We will be fair and open, and always explain the reasons behind any decision.
Our staff will:
- Treat you as an individual, with dignity and respect.
- Listen to what you say.
- Be helpful and considerate.
- Keep what you say to us as confidential.
- Give advice, where appropriate.
Our core standards
Timescales quoted are the times we aim for once we receive all of the information we need. In some circumstances we rely upon notification from your employer and for your employer or other agencies to supply information. This is particularly so with benefit estimates and calculations where monetary values are concerned.
When you join the pension scheme we will:
- Set up your pension record within 10 working days and send your membership certificate within 1 month.
- Estimate the service credit/benefits that a transfer-in value will buy and issue a quotation within 10 working days.
Throughout your active membership we will:
- Send a Personal Benefit Statement to you once a year.
- Respond within 10 working days to any general enquiries.
- Send your Retirement Benefit Estimate within 10 working days.
- Respond to requests for information on types and costs of providing additional pensions benefits within 15 working days.
- Provide details within 15 working days of the cash equivalent of your pension rights for use in divorce settlements once we receive all the information we need.
When you cease active membership we will:
- Pay any refund entitlement within five working days of a valid claim.
- Send you details of preserved benefit entitlements within 10 working days.
- Issue transfer-out details to you and your new scheme within five working days.
- Pay a transfer value in the event you decide to proceed within five working days of receiving all the information we need.
When you become a pensioner we will:
- Process your retirement, write to you with the details and pay your lump sum within 10 working days of receiving all the information we need.
- Set you up on payroll within five further days. (Payroll procedures may not guarantee that you receive your first monthly payment in the same month).
Upon your death we will:
- Send benefit details and pay any balance and/or death grant to your estate within 10 days of receiving all the information we need. * There are occasions when we rely on information from your employer or other external organisations. This may affect our turnaround times.
How are we doing?
Whether you are happy or unhappy with our service please let us know. If you wish to make a formal complaint, information on the Independent Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP) can be found on the The Pensions Ombudsman (TPO) website.
If you need more information or a different format please phone 01392 382372, email email@example.com or write to:
Great Moor House
Sowton Industrial Estate