The Local Government Pension Scheme
Our Customer Charter
Peninsula Pensions provides the pension administration service for Devon County Council and Somerset County Council Pension Funds and is the administering authority for the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
If you work for an employer which has been admitted to the LGPS, you can become a member of the scheme.
- To supply a high quality pensions administration service.
- To provide value for money.
- To meet the highest professional standards in our dealings with all our customers.
Our commitment to you
- Our customers are important and we welcome all contact and enquiries.
- We will respond to enquiries within an agreed time, and we will keep in contact if there are any delays.
- We will be fair and open, and always explain the reasons behind any decision.
Our staff will:
- Treat you as an individual, with dignity and respect.
- Listen to what you say.
- Be helpful and considerate.
- Keep what you say to us as confidential.
Our core standards
Peninsula Pensions adheres to the industry standards set out within The Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes (Disclosure of Information) Regulations.
We also have internal timescales that we aim to achieve once all necessary information is received to process a request. However, we are reliant upon the timely and accurate receipt of information from employers, payroll agencies and external providers, particularly where monetary values are concerned, and there may be occasions where delays occur.
When you join the pension scheme we will aim to:
- Set up your pension record and send your welcome pack including details of how to register for our member self service within 1 month.
- Estimate the service credit/benefits that a transfer-in value will buy and issue a quotation within 10 working days.
Throughout your active membership we will aim to:
- Send a Personal Benefit Statement to you once a year.
- Respond within 15 working days to any general enquiries.
- Send your Retirement Benefit Estimate within 10 working days.
- Respond to requests for information on types and costs of providing additional pensions benefits within 15 working days.
- Provide details within 15 working days of the cash equivalent of your pension rights for use in divorce settlements once we receive all the information we need.
When you cease active membership we will aim to:
- Pay any refund entitlement within 5 working days of a valid claim.
- Send you details of preserved benefit entitlements within 10 working days.
- Issue transfer-out details to you and your new scheme within 5 working days.
- Pay a transfer value in the event you decide to proceed within 5 working days of receiving all the information we need.
When you become a pensioner we will aim to:
- Process your retirement, write to you with the details and pay your lump sum within 10 working days of receiving all the information we need.
- Set you up on payroll within 5 further days. (Payroll procedures may not guarantee that you receive your first monthly payment in the same month).
Upon your death we will aim to:
- Send benefit details and pay any balance and/or death grant to your estate within 10 days of receiving all the information we need.
How are we doing?
Whether you are happy or unhappy with our service please let us know. If you wish to make a formal complaint, information on the Independent Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP) can be found here.
For additional information please visit The Pensions Ombudsman (TPO) website.
If you need this information in a different format please email Joanne.email@example.com or write to:
Great Moor House
Sowton Industrial Estate