Skip to content

Peninsula Pensions provides the pension administration service for Devon County Council and Somerset Council Pension Funds and is the administering authority for the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).

If you work for an employer which has been admitted to the LGPS, you can become a member of the scheme.

We also administer the Police Pension Scheme for Avon & Somerset Constabulary and the Firefighters Pension Scheme for Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service via service level agreements.

Our aims

  • To supply a high-quality pensions administration service.
  • To provide value for money.
  • To meet the highest professional standards in our dealings with all our customers.

Our commitment to you

  • Our customers are important and we welcome all contact and enquiries.
  • We will respond to enquiries within an agreed time, and we will keep in contact if there are any delays.
  • We will be fair and open, and always explain the reasons behind any decision.

Our staff

Our staff will:

  • treat you as an individual, with dignity and respect
  • listen to what you say
  • be helpful and considerate
  • keep what you say to us as confidential

Our core standards

Peninsula Pensions adheres to the industry standards set out within The Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes (Disclosure of Information) Regulations. A summary of which can be found here.

We also have internal timescales that we aim to achieve once all necessary information is received to process a request.

However, we are reliant upon the timely and accurate receipt of information from employers, payroll agencies and external providers, particularly where monetary values are concerned, and there may be occasions where delays occur.

How are we doing?

Whether you are happy or unhappy with our service please contact us.

If you pay into the LGPS and wish to make a formal complaint, information on the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP) for the LGPS can be found here.

If you are a Police Officer and wish to make a formal complaint, information on Appeals and Complaints for the Police Pension Scheme can be found here.

If you are a Firefighter and wish to make a formal complaint, there is some help for members and rights of appeal for the Fire Pension Scheme which can be found here.

For additional information please visit The Pensions Ombudsman website.

Supported by