Guidance about the Local Government Pension Scheme for employers
Welcome to our guide to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for employers.
Form here, you will be able to access guidance to help you understand and meet your responsibilities as an employer in the LGPS.
You can find presentations from our annual employer Pension Liaison Officers Group Meetings here.
How to complete your employer membership
In order to complete your membership you need to:
- Sign up to our Pensions Line newsletter for the latest changes to legislation and what you need to do.
- Keep us updated with any changes in staff responsible for completing our forms (authorised and delegated signatories).
- Let us know the person in your organisation who is appointed to determine the Stage 1 Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP) appeals.
All 3 steps can be completed using our online employer contact form.
We’re here to help
Our Employer and Communications Team are here to help you with:
- scheme regulations and our procedures
- access to Employer Self Service (ESS)
- training sessions – we can help you understand the scheme and your responsibilities
- member presentations – help your members understand what they are paying into and the options available to them – please contact us first regarding availability and give us at least 1 month’s notice
- Mark Griffin is our Employer & Communications Officer and is your first point of contact for the team.
- Shirley Cuthbert: Employer & Communications Manager
- Emma Davies: Senior Employer & Communications Officer
- Beverly Clegg: Employer and Communications Pensions Assistant
- Molly Milkins: Employer and Communications Pensions Assistant
Please contact the Team by email at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can call us on 01392 383000 and ask for the person by name.