The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a countrywide statutory scheme with each county council administering and managing a fund for local authorities and certain public bodies.
It’s a career average revalued earnings (CARE) scheme, which means that benefits are based on a members salary for each year they are in the scheme, and each year it is revalued in line with Pensions Act increases.
A CARE scheme is still a defined benefit scheme so members are guaranteed a pension benefit on retirement.
We have put together some guides to help you understand how the LGPS works and what you need to do to fulfil your obligations to the Pension Fund and scheme members.
If you are a new employer to the LGPS, please refer to our guide for new employers to help you with your first steps and what you need to do to complete your registration.
For existing employers there’s our employer’s guide to the LGPS which provides full guidance on the regulations and our procedures.
- Administration strategy for the Devon Pension Fund
- Administration strategy for the Somerset Pension Fund
- Employer self-service
- Exit Cap Policy for Devon and Somerset Pension Funds
- Pensions taxation – annual allowance
- Ill-health retirement
- Make a payment to the Devon Fund
- Make a payment to the Somerset Fund
- Salary sacrifice